Join us for a monthly book club where we read and discuss from a diverse selection of books aimed at expanding our understanding of Islam, humanity and the world around us. The books selected address faith, spirituality, current events, emotional enhancement, fiction and more. (learn more here)
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
We will read and discuss one book per month. Participants are welcome to jump in and out as their interest and schedule permits.
Reading the book to be discussed is not a requirement to join the meeting.
Welcoming women and men to participate
Kids welcomed to tag along
This event is free aside from the book purchase
THIS MONTH’S READING IS:
Difficult Conversations - by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen (351 pgs) purchase on Amazon here
This book provides a step-by-step approach to having those tough conversations with less stress and more success. you'll learn how to:
· Decipher the underlying structure of every difficult conversation
· Start a conversation without defensiveness
· Listen for the meaning of what is not said
· Stay balanced in the face of attacks and accusations
· Move from emotion to productive problem solving