programs & Services
Muslim Space offers 3 types of programs and services to nurture the spiritual well-being of the community.
All programs shall align with our Statement of Principles
"The ones who believe and their hearts are peaceful with the remembrance of Allah. Listen, the hearts find peace only in the remembrance of Allah." (13:28)
Our faith-based programs are designed to inspire engagement, critical thinking and personal reflection in an environment that is welcoming, encouraging and non-judgemental. Although one's faith is a personal relationship with a higher power, shared learning and exploration can add depth and benefit to that relationship.
- Communal Worship - Opportunities for the community to join together in congregational prayers. This includes our weekly Friday prayer service and our Sisters Only Friday prayer. Click here for more information or to sign up to be a volunteer prayer leader (khateeb).
- Friday Youth Lessons - Short classes delivered to any youth that attend Friday Prayer. Lessons conclude at the call of Iqama and students are encouraged to participate in congregational prayer.
- Quran Reflection - A reflective and interactive discussion on one's personal understanding of selected Quranic verses.
- Youth Circles - Study circles for children of preschool, elementary, middle school and high school age.
"..Had Allah willed, He would have made a single community of people...Strive, then, to compete with each other in good deeds. To Allah is the return for all of you..." (5:48)
Service and work for the betterment of others can be the most spiritually uplifting and soul soothing form of worship. Our service-based programs and activities will span across the Muslim community and deep into the greater Austin area. They will offer ample opportunities for both youth and adults in a variety of settings.
- Feed It Forward - Delivering hot meals to those who are in between blessings.
- Service Days - Opportunities to come together and give back to our community.
- Food & Supply Drives - Continually supporting our neighbors in need.
- Community Conversations - Round table format for informative discussions aimed to provide guidance and tools for successful service involvement.
- Building Bridges - Outreach projects designed to foster and strengthen relationships between the Muslim community and other groups and organizations in our area.
"Oh mankind, We have created you from a male and a female, we have made you different tribes and nations, so that you might come to intimate knowledge of each other." (49:13)
The essence of Islam encompasses every aspect of one's life and isn't always experienced in solitude. Muslim Space aims to provide activities and programs that strengthen the bonds of friendship, teamwork and love within the community. These bonds can carry us through every facet of our lives and bolster confidence.
- Community Potlucks - Monthly gatherings for the community to join together and break bread. Locations will rotate to various areas of the city and will be indoors or outside, depending on the season. Upcoming event is May 18th.
- Family Fun Night - Movies, fun and games (and a little competition) for kids and grown ups of all ages.
- Youth Field Trips - Explore the wonders of Austin with guided outings, workshops and fun activities.
Those who attend all Muslim Space gatherings and functions will be expected to oblige to our Code of Conduct.